It’s almost here! Season Five of the Movie Trivia Schmoedown is just around the corner, and while fantasy teams are being drafted and awards are being voted for, over at the Schmoedown Blog we’ve been cooking up a contest which will allow us to show how grateful we are for your support.That’s right, in 2018 we are giving you – the readers – the chance to win a small, but hopefully worthwhile, prize if you are able to correctly predict those who are set to be victorious in the world of movie trivia over the next three months.
All you have to do is the following – make ten predictions for over Season Five of the Schmoedown, and if you get more correct than anyone else who enters, the Schmoedown Blog will send you THREE Schmoedown t-shirts of your choosing from the SchmoesKnow TeePublic site!
But what are you predicting? Here are the categories…
- Singles Champion on 01/01/2019
- Team Champions on 01/01/2019
- Innergeekdom Champion on 01/01/2019
- Star Wars Champion on 01/01/2019
- Ultimate Schmoedown Singles Winner 2018
- Ultimate Schmoedown Singles runner-up 2018
- Ultimate Schmoedown Team Winners 2018
- Ultimate Schmoedown Team runners-up 2018
- Free 4 All Winner 2018
- Which single competitor – across SINGLES & TEAMS only – will score the most points in 2018?
TIEBREAKER: How many points will the competitor – across SINGLES & TEAMS only – score in 2018?
All you have to do to enter is leave your name and your 10 predictions – plus your tiebreaker answer – in the comments below. The blog will not approve your comment until the competition closes at 23:59 GMT (15:59 PT) on February 1, 2018, so other contestants cannot see your tiebreaker answers.
N.B. If you want to choose a new competitor as your pick for any category, this is allowed. But what warrants a new competitor?
If a player is yet to make their Schmoedown debut in any division, they are classed as a ‘New Competitor’. If a competitor has competed in any division, even if they have not debuted in the division you are predicting, use their name (e.g. Jim Vejvoda in Singles).
For teams, if a partnership has not been confirmed ahead of the competition closing date, please write ‘New Team’. You DO NOT need to include the competitors, unless you want to choose Rachel Cushing’s new team, as it has been confirmed she will be competing in the division in 2018.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Only one entry per person. Only the first entry by an individual will be accepted.
- If any of the categories are not fulfilled within the Schmoedown in Season Five, they will be voided.
- The winner will be the competitor who predicts the most of the 10 categories correctly. If there are ties, the tiebreaker will be used to determine the winner.
- The tiebreaker is an aggregate of points scored by a single competitor in singles & team play only. All points accumulated by a team count towards both players’ totals. Points scored in the Free 4 All or celebrity matches do not count.
- The tiebreaker will be judged on a ‘closest to the pin’ basis – it does not matter if you are above or below the actual total.
- The prize is three ‘Classic T-Shirts’ of the winners’ choice from the SchmoesKnow TeePublic store, including delivery.
- Competition closes at 23:59 GMT (15:59 PT) on February 1, 2018. Entries made after this time will not count.
Don’t waste any time – get those comments in to have a chance of winning!